You must have cookies enabled for the site to work properly.
How To Safely Use A Generator
Tuesday February 14, 2023
When the power goes out, you may decide to use a portable generator. If this situation occurs during an emergency, it can be stressful and even dangerous if you are unfamiliar with how to use one properly. It is crucial to use them safely to prevent carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and other hazards such as fire and electrocution.
How do I use a portable generator safely?
• Always use a portable generator outdoors and at least 20 feet away from windows and doors.
• Ensure you have working carbon monoxide detectors in your home.
• Use heavy-duty extension cords to connect a generator to appliances.
• Turn off and allow to cool before refueling. Hot engine parts can ignite.
• Keep the generator protected from rain and any standing water to avoid an electric shock.
• Follow all manufacturer’s instructions.
ProPac supplies over 15 different generators including inverters, portable, and standby generators.
Click here to learn more about choosing the right generator for your needs. Or Click here to shop our selection of generators at ProPacUSA.com.